Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd would like to welcome you to its website.
By viewing this website you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer and the conditions attached to it.
You understand and agree that all information provided, whether personal or otherwise, may be used and processed by the “owner” of this website.
Further by continuing to access this website you specifically agree that the Company will use such information provided by you, irrespective of the nature of such information.
Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts.
As per the POPI Act personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you as a person or data subject, for example, your name, age, gender, identity number and your email address. A definition of personal information can be found in the Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd’s POPI policy.
The Collection of Personal Information
Employee and Contractor Information
• To Remunerate the person;
• To comply with laws authorising or requiring such processing, including (but not limited to) the Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997; the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 as amended; the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998; the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962 and the VAT Act 89 of 1991;
• To Admit the person to the Pension Fund and/or Medical Aid providers, if applicable;
• To conduct criminal, credit, employment reference, and other related reference checks;
• To provide value-added services such as human resource administration, training, performance reviews, talent management and other reasons related to the management of employees and/ or contractors.
• To render customer-related services and administration of customer accounts;
• To conduct criminal, credit, reference, and other related reference checks.
• To authenticate the customer;
• To provide the customer with information which Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd believes may be of interest to the customer, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
Supplier and Third Party Contractor/Service Provider Information
• To secure the products and services of the supplier/service provider or contractor as part of Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd’s product and service offering;
• To manage the Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd supply chain and relationship with the supplier and/or contractor for any purposes required by law by virtue of the relationship between the supplier and Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd;
• To render services relating to the administration of supplier/service provider or contractor accounts;
• To provide the supplier/service provider or contractor with information which Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd believes may be of interest, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
• Directly from the person when he/she applies for any Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd’s related employment, provide services to Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd, submit forms requests or transactions, use our websites or make use of any of the Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd services;
• From public registers, credit bureaus and law enforcement agencies and any other organisation from which Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd may acquire your information;
• From people and entities employed by Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd to provide services to Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd which may be legally entitled to provide Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd will be stored as follows:
• In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality;
• For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is:
Required by law or contractual obligation;
Otherwise reasonably required by Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd for lawful purposes related to its functions and activities;
Sharing of Personal Information
Any information supplied to Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd will be treated as confidential and Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd will not disclose information unless legally permitted thereto. No information will be transferred to a Third Party without the explicit consent of the data subject unless legally obliged thereto. By providing the personal information, the data subject agrees that Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd may transfer the information to the following people and organisations in pursuit of the data processing purposes set out in our POPI Policy:
• To the divisions and entities in the Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd, including directors, employees, contractors, agents, auditors, legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
• To financial and government organisations who may request information from Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd, in which case the data subject will be notified in advance; the provision of such information, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
• To persons employed by Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd regarding the treatment of personal information;
• To any person to whom Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
• To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
• To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to, including persons or entities who may request such information to evaluate the credit worthiness of the person.
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
A data subject (employee, contractor, supplier and/or customer) has the following rights to his/her personal information collected, processed and stored by Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd:
• Right of access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
• The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained to the data subject;
• The right to request Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further processing or by law.
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting there from.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through the Gold Leaf Tobacco Corporation Pty Ltd Website you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, please exit this page and do not access or use the website. Should you access this website after reading and agreeing to the terms and conditions of this disclaimer then you will be doing so after having made an informed decision to be bound by the terms and conditions hereof.